Monday, February 27, 2023

New Features on My Ngram Generator

 I've made some cool changes to the NGRAM generator.

You can now "generate by word" which will select a random word and produce a window with all of the NGRAM links. You can select one of the links, and then the next window will load all of the links for the last-selected word. This is a more intentional way of generating. My approach has been primarily to use blocks of text to create from. So this offers a new way to create from NGRAMs.

Also, the same way that NGRAMS can be selected like this, they can also be prepared more intentionally. 

The new algorithm will save whitespace, but it was producing too much whitespace. For that reason, I added a line of code that prevents an association between two identical NGRAMS. Therefore, you will never find ..., 27 newlines in a row, or other crap I didn't want. While potentially saving some of the formattings.

If you use the generator, I recommend downloading a copy, placing it in a directory, and then saving some data for use later. This is a pretty solid generator, but there's still a lot more we can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment